he Optiflex® 3 Knee CPM is typically used postoperatively for Total Knee Replacement and Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repairs. After extensive joint surgery, if a patient fails to move the joint, tissue around the joint will become stiff and scar tissue will form, resulting in a joint with limited range of motion. By repeatedly flexing and extending the affected joint through a prescribed range of motion for an extended period of time, the OptiFlex® 3 CPM device lessens the adverse effects of immobilization and trauma on the knee joint.
- The ultra-wide carriage is engineered to accommodate the normal knee patient, as well as the large size adult, the athlete and even pediatric patients.
- The open-frame architecture is not only visually appealing but also therapeutically functional.
- Addresses patient pain threshold by providing therapy at a reduced flexion angle limit.
- Eliminates time-consuming adjustments by automatically increasing daily range of motion.
- Incorporates several new innovations that will increase patient comfort, compliance and treatment outcomes.
Designed to provide anatomical motion of the knee for the adult and pediatric patient.
- Universal left/right design
- Range of Motion: -10° extension – 120° flexion
- Length Range: Calf 25.4-59.7 cm / Thigh 30.5-48.3 cm
- Max Patient Weight: 159 kg (350 lbs)
- Ultra-wide carriage – 28 cm (11”) from the center of the carriage
- Brushless DC motor with self lubricating ball bearing system
- Internal mains power supply
- Lightweight at only 12 kg (27 lbs)
- Convenient 4.5 m long power cord
- Easy conversion from adult to pediatric (no adapter pieces needed)
- Easily position CPM at the best angle for the patient
Patented Program Features:
- Progressive Range of Motion – Eliminates time consuming adjustments by automatically increasing the programmed flexion angle by 1° every hour, up to 5° per 24 hour period of time
- Oscillation Zone™ – Allows for more treatment time to be consumed in the active or working end of the ROM
- Fast Back™ – Accelerates quicker through the non-working ROM allowing the knee to spend more time in the active ROM
- Comfort Zone™ – Addresses the patient pain threshold by providing therapy at a reduced flexion angle limit
Control Pendant Features
- Selectable scrolling
- Independent delay time
- Patient compliance/usage meter
- Patient lock-out feature
- Multilingual pendant display
- Force reversal safety feature – allows the therapist to safely set the amount of passive force without causing unnecessary post surgical pain or damage
- Large LCD screen with backlight
- Water proof and shock resistant
- Concise, visual biofeedback on pendant